Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:22:17 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>, doc@FreeBSD.org, committers@FreeBSD.org, dgl@bsdi.com, jim@cdrom.com, papowell@astart.com, wpaul@FreeBSD.org, ceren@magnesium.net, ryan@ryan.net, murray@bsdi.com, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: The website

Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 12:41:49PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > >    * Other topic for dynamic content: I would like if cvsweb somehow
> > >      could locate all files relevant to a specific commit, I know this
> > >      is somewhat difficult but It would be nice anyway.
> >
> > If we listed the associated files in the commit message, this may
> > become possible:

    ly/400.status-pkg,0,1.1 src/share/man/man5/periodic.conf.5,1.2,1.3

> Certainly a possibility.  I'm reengineering the CVSROOT files at the moment
> and could certainly add something like this.  Another thing that I'm adding
> is the ability to have branch based mailing lists for people who only want
> to know what's changing in the RELENG_3 or RELENG_4 branches for instance.

Consider the SMTP line length limit and the fact that this is in the
headers.  Consider the 500-files-touched-in-one-commit problem and what
this would do to the headers...

In other words, I do not like this idea very much.

> Joe

Cheers,
-Peter