Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:01:31 -0600
From:      Gustavo Lozano Ibarra <glozano@academ02.maz.itesm.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /kernel: arpresolve: can't aoolcate llinfo problem

--------------F2BB203B4797FF35EF546A45

I have a freebsd (2.2.8) machine. This machine has two NICs ed0 and ed1.
The ed0 card is connected to a cablemodem. This ed0 card obtain ip
address and gateway with isc dhclient. The dhcp server send me 10.8.1.1
as the router and the netmask 255.255.0.0

The ed1 card has address 172.16.1.250 and it works as a gateway to my
lan and it's connected to a hub. I use the netmask 255.255.255.0 in this
NIC. I use natd to make the aliasing. Well, everythings works fine, I
have access to internet in other machines connected to the hub, but like
in one hour I get this error on the freebsd machine:
/kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 10.8.1.1

In rc.conf I have:
gateway_enable="YES"
routed is disabled..

ok.. in rc.local.. I first start with the dhclient and then I start
natd..

please answer to: glozano@academ02.maz.itesm.mx

Thanks...

--------------F2BB203B4797FF35EF546A45

begin:vcard
n:Lozano Ibarra;Gustavo
tel;pager:ICQ #: 39223796
tel;fax:(69)801195
tel;home:(69)833031
tel;work:(69)892032
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.maz.itesm.mx
org:ITESM Campus Mazatlán;Informática
adr:;;Carretera Mazatlán-Higuera km.3;Mazatlán;Sinaloa;82140;México
version:2.1
email;internet:glozano@academ02.maz.itesm.mx
title:Webmaster
end:vcard