Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:54:52 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Alessandro de Manzano" <demanzano@playstos.com>, "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SSH failed on 4.0-S

At 12:25 PM +0200 2000/6/19, Alessandro de Manzano wrote:

>>>  Jun 19 10:48:27 gandalf sshd[438]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed
>>
>>This means the key could not be processed for some reason. Are you certain
>>you are using an sshd from 4.0-STABLE? The most common cause of this error
>
>  well, I think yes, because I upgraded all via CVSUP using this supfile:

	Yup.  The RSAREF library can't handle keys longer than 1024 bits.

	If you upgrade with the /usr/ports/security/rsaintl library, that
should solve the problem (unless you're in the US, in which case you
can't do that for copyright reasons that will require that you
continue to use the RSAREF library instead).