Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:30:25 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-15?Q?Aur=E9lien?= Nephtali <aurelien.nephtali@wanadoo.fr>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PLIP does not work very well

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

Hi,

I'm trying to do PLIP between 2 boxes, it used to work with 4.2-RELEASE (la=
st
time I tried to do PLIP under FreeBSD) but now it does not work :/

I have a LapLink cable and the 2 boxes have a kernel configured to do PLIP.

BOX1:
ifconfig lp0 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2

BOX2:
ifconfig lp0 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.1

But, when I do a ping from BOX2 to BOX1, a tcpdump on BOX1 shows me the ping
requests but no there are no answers sent/received. More mysterious, when I=
 do
a ping from BOX1 to BOX2, no packets are sent (not even shown with a local
tcpdump on BOX1) :/

I've recompiled the 2 boxes with PLIP_DEBUG and when BOX1 sends/receives pi=
ngs
requests (without answering to packets it receives, though) a 'X' is printed
for each packet. So, I walked through /sys/dev/ppbus/if_plip.c and it seems
that 'X' are printed each time an error occurs. No 'X' are printed on BOX2
(the box where pings requests success to be sent :p)

Somebody has an idea to get PLIP working ?
Thanks.

-- Aur=E9lien

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--