Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:22:26 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Netgear MA401 (wi)

Just to follow up on myself... I have done some more research and
figured out most of what is going on.

The MA401 is another Prism II based card, aparently.

http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/wi.patch, when ported to -stable,
appears to do the trick. The patch applies with some fuzz, other than
adding 'int wi_prism2' to the softc.

This fixed the problem with encryption.

The Ethernet address still comes up wrong (and different every time). I
am temporarily working around this with 'ifconfig ${interface} ether
8:0:20:de:ad:bf' in my start_if.wi0 file until the problem is fixed
correctly.

One must make sure to add the '0x10000' to the pccard.conf entry one
makes for this card so the driver can be properly informed that this is
indeed a Prism II card.

Many thanks (again) to Bill Paul.