Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:14:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      igor@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu (Igor Roshchin)
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   accounting bug ?

Hello!

Sorry f this is already known.
I've just found that the standard accounting implemented in FreeBSD
2.2.5-Release (and early February -stable) has a bug (or a feature ?).

I was logged in for many days (over a half a month), and still
logged in, but in the monthly accounting report
my username was not included at all even though the current session
was not the only one.
(This was not the case for 2.1-stable box - there it should
my username, though with probably slightly lower usage time,
I didn't check it - may be it didn't count the last 2-week lasting
session).

While writing I realized what is the reason for such strange behavior -
the wtmpx file was turned over.
with 2.1-* - it was not turned over until the 1st of the next month.

IgoR