Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 21:31:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Rohrer <rohrer@pdx.edu>
To:        Steve Van Den Akker <vandena@ispchannel.com>
Cc:        Matt Rohrer <matt@prognostikos.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [off-topic] -bpp with .xsession

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Steve Van Den Akker wrote:

> Check out the man page for startx.  It should be "startx -- -bpp 16" or
> whatever the bpp mode you want.  Note the spaces in between everything.
> That's what gave me the problem for a little bit.

Sorry, reading over my post, I guess I was a little unclear. What I meant
is, I can set the -bpp just fine when firing up x manually using 'startx'
from the command line. However, I want to switch to using wdm, and I can't
figure out where to specify the -bpp. I'm fairly sure that 'startx' is
just a script, so there should be another way to specify the -bpp when
using wdm which uses .xsession file to initialize, rather than the
.xinitrc.

> Steve

- Matt
--