Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:54:08 +0100
From:      Armin Arh <armin@pubbox.net>
To:        Oliver Iberien <odilist@sonic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cleaning out log files?

Check "/etc/newsyslog.conf"
All log-files you like to have rotated, should be mentioned there.

System owned logs are in there per default.

"du -k /var" will tell you where your space is being "consumed".
Maybe your "/var/mail/root" is growing...

How big is your /var anyway?

Armin
--
PUBBOX Postmaster + spam-killer. Free email addresses at http://pubbox.net/