Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:22:45 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache From Ports?

I built Apache 1.3.17 by hand using the instructions from the
"Improved mod_frontpage" web site
(http://home.edo.uni-dortmund.de/~chripo/) some time ago.  I built it
with mod_frontpage and mod_ssl statically compiled.  Since then I
installed PHP 4.0.6 and mod_php4 from the ports tree so I could run
SquirrelMail.  I guess mod_php4 is loaded as a DSO?

Anyway, things have gotten out of whack and I'd like to upgrade
everything.  Could someone explain (or point me to a URL) the best way
to build Apache with improved mod_frontpage, mod_php4, and mod_ssl
from ports?  Or is the best thing to do to still build by hand?  I've
searched the archives but have not found anything conclusive.

Thanks,

Drew