Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:58:07 +0000 (UTC)
From:      what <thursday@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   samba q ( a bit off topic)

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE machine, on which I upraded my Samba
installation from 2.0.7 to 2.2.3a.

I am connecting from a Windows 95 machine to my samba server. I have
three shares: / (share name=fs); /usr/storage (share name=crud); and homes

In Windows, I have drives mapped to the shares.

When I open the "homes" share, it's empty; no files or directories are
displayed. I can create new files & dirs, & *they* get displayed, but
existing objects don't  This was working happily yesterday before the
upgrade.

But my other two shares work fine, and I can access (I can read,
write,delete files, etc.) my home directory by using the "fs" share.

Testparm reports no errors...My smb.conf file is below...I am at a bit of
a loss...

[global]
	log file = /var/log/log.%m
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	max log size = 50
	printer = lp
	interfaces = xl0
	domain logons = yes
	printing = bsd
	preferred master = yes
	print command = lpr -r -P%p %s -h
	path = /var/spool/samba
	server string = Samba Server
	hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.
	workgroup = station51
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	load printers = yes
	local master = yes
	security = user
	os level = 33

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   create mask =  0755

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[fs]