Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:22:34 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Andrey V. Semyonov" <wilfre@tcom.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding /usr/local/etc/rc.d to the base rcorder

Andrey V. Semyonov wrote:
> I apologise for wrong PR-group that a PR was sended to, but it seems to
> be very strange that no attantion was made to it at all. And, I continue
> to suppose that the PR's way to `rcorder` scripts via localpkg is more
> simple (and works fine as I tested) that offered by Doug Barton.

Thanks for bringing this PR to my attention, I just closed it in order to
help keep the PR database neat and clean. :)

Seriously though, the clamor for a more general approach (that allows local
scripts to be included in the overall rcorder) has been loud and long, and
there is no reason we can't overcome the barriers to make it happen.

Doug