Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:57:47 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        bsdterm@HotPOP.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildkernel says device atapicam is unknown!!??

E.S. wrote:
> Well, 4.7-RELEASE was released before Nov. 1, 2002 (on Oct. 10).  As I
> understand it, 4.7-RELEASE is can be obtained by cvsup'ing to RELENG_4_7 (and
> generally the only patches that are applied to -RELEASE are security
> patches)...  whereas if I cvsup'd to RELENG_4, *then* I would be getting
> 4.7-STABLE.
>
> But because I'm cvsup'ing to RELENG_4_7, not RELENG_4, I'm getting
> 4.7-RELEASE, not -STABLE...  right?

Yes, and I missed the _7.

> I may be wrong there; feel free to correct me if I am... :)
>
> In any case, I tried building the kernel before applying those patches, and
> after applying them.  The output I quoted earlier is the same either way...

I don't have any way to test what you are doing. My systems are all
various dates of 4.7-stable.  You have all of the security advisories
that require rebuilding your system. Have you thought about trying
4.7-stable? It would have everything and the atapicam.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA