Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:53:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jay@oneway.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 10/100 highly reliable supported ethernet cards?

> We have a bunch of the Linksys EtherFast cards around here.  They use
> the PNIC, which is a follow-on to (or clone of) the 21140 series, and
> Bill Paul's driver seems to perform quite well.

	Thanks, I'll look into that.

> The EtherExpress Pro is probably the most respected card around these
> days.  Perhaps working with DG to identify and solve your problems might
> be the best tack?

	That's a good Idea.  Right now I'm talking with Intel.
Apparantly this is a problem that is occurring on other OS's, and probably
has little to do with the freebsd driver.  They have asked me to loan them
some machines that are having this problem so that they can investigate
it.  I will probably do so in the next few days.  Perhaps they can either
find out what is wrong with the cards and fix it for future revisions, or
tell us what we need to do to get around the problem in software.
*crossing fingers*

Jay