Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:26:05 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, committers@freebsd.org, root@freebsd.org, postmaster@freebsd.org, hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Too much cruft

Luigi Rizzo stands accused of saying:

> I second this. I tried to save a full distribution on a cdrom, and I
> couldnt because all the out-of-date files in distfiles overflowed the
> available space by far.

I'm working on a tool that should automate the process for this, but
bear in mind that there are lots of out-of-date port skeletons
out there that will go to ftp.freebsd.org in desperation once
they can't find the right distfile anywhere else.

This will make it easier for you to keep your own collections
up-to-date though.  I should have something usable by the end of
the week.