Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:38:18 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on pmake diffs for building on Linux

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:42:56PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> here's a set of diffs that will allow FreeBSD's usr.bin/make to build
> on Linux.  I'm sure they are gross, and I don't plan to commit them
> (at least not all of them), but I thought I'd post them here to see
> what people think.

Take a look at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/sjg/bmake-20080215.tar.gz
(a portable NetBSD make) there are probably ideas in there for a
portable fbsdmake.  I dare say you could just grab the autoconf
bits from there (with a little modification) and avoid having to
learn autoconf/automake.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?