Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:10:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      andrewr <andrewr@slack.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jesse <j@lumiere.net>, Brock Tellier <btellier@usa.net>, Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: [btellier@USA.NET: Several FreeBSD-3.3 vulnerabilities

> It would be reasonable to hope, but not to expect.  The security
> officers are horribly overworked. :(

Is it feasible to ask whether or not there is/should be a _core_ security
group?  I always had thought that the "Security Officer" for the FreeBSD
project was a few people... however, if this doesn't seem to fit the bill
for them, I am sure there are a few people who wouldn't mind being the
persons held responsible for such a task.. (task being that of pointing
bugs to the correct maintainers when it is security related).

I know I am willing to put in the time for this kind of job, however, I
think it would be better for others who are possibly closer to the
project.

Andrew