Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:54:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Tobias F. Weihmann" <tobias-public@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where to start isdnd?

Greetings,

From where should I call isdnd? Sure, rc.local would probably be the
place for that *but* I'm using an I4BTel answering machine which at
some point executes metasend to mail me the recorded message. Meta-
send does not work when isdnd (as the parent process) is started from
there. Metasend simply does nothing. My guess is that some Environ-
ment variable (e.g. mailer or whatever) is not defined at the point
isdnd is launched and thus won't work.

I have to start isdnd manually to make my answering machine behave
correctly. Anyone has ideas on where to start isdnd so that it gets
called with the correct environment?

Thank you!
Tobias

 private contact.. Tobias F. Weihmann <rosenkranz@geocities.com>
 homepage......... http://rosenkranz.cjb.net (What happened to Epyx)
 geekcode......... GCS/C d- a-- C++ UL(B) P++ L++ E--- W++ N+ w-- M+
                   PS++ PE- Y+ PGP- t++@ X- R(+) tv+ b+++@ DI+ D e h