Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:43:30 +0700
From:      John Indra <john@naver.co.id>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent -CURRENT kernel build problem...

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:16:01AM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

>If I remeber correctly, someone else reported this was caused by
>phk's change staticizing something...  Sorry, I do not recall this
>in details, and I don't have a fresh -CURRENT.

OK then...
Any workaround or fix coming shortly to overcome this guys?

BTW... I am very interested to become one of you guys, the FreeBSD
committers. I mean it. I am ready to devote my life to FreeBSD (if this
phrase is not too much :) ). Now I am still trying to finish my Bachelor
degree. In the mean time I am working as a Network Administrator for a
company in Indonesia. Soon after I finish my school, I will have plenty of
time to study C and maybe try to understand piece by piece FreeBSD codes,
maybe not in all section, and if I am qualified enough, I'd like to
contribute something to FreeBSD.

What I need now is a guidance. I think I'm not a very novice programmer. For
my bachelor degree, I'm trying to make a Natural Language enabled (at
semantic level) search engine. Planning to use Perl to build the beast :)
Where can I start to dig more information about OS, efficient programming
with C, etc. to help me get what I want?

Sorry, I think this is becoming out of topic, but I'm very glad to have said
my wish :)

Thanks a lot...

Regards,
John