Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:40:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Allan Peak <apeak_2000@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security

   www.securityfocus.com.

2) A good Unix administration book will help put in context what you
   want/need to do. I.e., is this a webserver (pretty insecure by its
   nature), a host on a corporate intra/internet, etc.

      Unix Suystem Admin Handbook, Prentice Hall, Evi Nemeth, et all
      Essential System Admin, O'Reilly, Aeleen Frisch

   If you only have one I like Nemeth as it sorts out the differences
   between various Unixes and is pretty complete.

Bugtraq does not fits your easy to understand criteria, but if you toss
the NT stuff and stick with it, there is a lot to be learned by reading
what you can understand. I think there are archives somewhere also.