Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:22:12 -0400
From:      "Derek" <derek@durham.net>
To:        <mike@samsa.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Promise ATA RAID FastTrak100 TX2 Pro  for Freebsd 4.5

> Is there something we should do to optimize our configuration?

We have installed the very same product on one of our FreeBSD
boxen, it was 4.4-STABLE when we ran the install program, and
every thing went smooth.  I believe this was before softupdates
was enabled by default.  Perhaps when you are creating your mount
points you could try disabling softupdates and see if that makes
a difference.

As a side note (that you might want to know), I don't believe
that the driver in FreeBSD supports hot swap.  At least any time
we've had a drive fail, we get a kernel panic, and it's rebuild
mirror from the card's BIOS.

Regards,
Derek