Date:      Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:15:29 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: increasing mount size

--Q8BnQc91gJZX4vDc

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:28:12PM +0100, eoghan wrote:
> Hello
> My /var mount has no more space left. I was wondering if there is =20
> some way to increase the size of it without loosing anything?

That depends.

If you have enough free space left on your harddrive, you could make a
new slice, copy /var there, unmount the old /var,
and remount the new /var.

Another option is to copy everything in /var to another directory on
another slice that has enough space, unmount /var and make it a symlink
to the new location.

All these tricks are best done in single user mode.

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt