Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:54:28 -0700
From:      "HODGE, DAVE (PB)" <DLHODGE@msg.pacbell.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'dlhodge@pacbell.net'" <dlhodge@pacbell.net>
Subject:   System crash when loading FreeBSD Vers. 3.2

I have been trying unsuccessfully to load FREEBSD 3.2 to the server system
described below. Every time I attempt to load the system I receive the same
error message: "Panic system forced exceptions." After attempting this
help in resolving this problem.

My ultimate intention is to setup a server in which it provides access to a
dialup modem for internet access, as well as, print serving capabilities.
The client workstations are running a mixture of SUN ver 7, FreeBSD, LINUX
and Win95.

The following is the physical configuration of my server:

1. PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0  (Phoenix Technologies Ltd.,) - BIOS
2. Maxtor 90432D2 - Hard Drive
3. Micronics Computer Inc.  (M7SHI - S03) - Mother Board
4. Pentium 133MHZ - CPU
5. EDO 64Mb RAM - RAM
6. 512 SRAM - CACHE
7. System & Video BIOS = Shadow
8. Stealth Video 2500 VERS 1.03  (Diamond Multimedia System Inc.,) - Video
9. BTC 48X CDROM (supports ISO 9660 - High Sierra) - CDROM

The error message that I receive in which the system crashes: "panic system
forced exceptions"

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

(PLEASE SENT RESPONSE TO dlhodge@pacbell.net)

Dave Hodge
Network Technical Manager - ITO Network and Infrastructure Services
Sacramento TURF Team
Company: 3540 Kings Way,  Rm-101, Sacramento, CA. 95821
US Mail: P.O. Box 15038, Sacramento, CA. 95851
Voice:  916.972.5773
Pager:  916.326.2258
Fax:  916.481.2063
Company:  dlhodge@pacbell.com