Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:44:29 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPV6/KAME/protosw integration cleanup

>>         xx_output() has never been governed by protocol switch structure
>>         and therefore ther are numerous variations we see in the tree.
>>         i don't see your problem at all.
>then why is it in ip6protosw?

	ok, I stand corrected.

>>         more #ifdef = more bug, and kame/freebsd gets left behind.
>>         i really hate all the cosmetic differences *BSD has.  freebsd has more
>>         of it than anyone else.
>NetBSD is the one using varargs in the protosw are they not?

	other BSDs are happy (or have almost never raised voice, or okay so
	far) with varargs.  what's the difference in passing "control" arg
	in m->m_nextpkt from varargs?  it's cryptic to the same degree.
	there's no big difference.  it's the matter of taste and you are
	enforcing others to obey your taste.

itojun