Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:27:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Daniel David Benson <bensond@ssds.ucdavis.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS problem/question

I'm rather new to FBSD so please be patient.

I recently installed 3.0-release on one of my PCs here at work.
I'm turning it into our DNS, NIS, and mail server.  So, I started
to get the home directories exported from my AlphaServer 4000 onto
this new FBSD machine.  My AS4000 has two network interface cards
that are both on the same subnet.  In my DNS configuration I use
the round robin technique to get some psuedo load balancing
(basically, the same CNAME pointing to both interfaces).  This then, for
some reason, causes the FBSD machine to hang on every other mount.
What am I doing wrong?  None of my other UNIX boxes have a problem
specifying the CNAME in /etc/fstab.  By the way, FBSD does work if
I directly point to an interface.  Ultimately this is not a big deal
because I will eventually use static routes once I get my network
setup the way I like it.  I'm really just curious.

Thanks!

-Dan