Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:21:57 -0500
From:      "Hamilton, Kent" <KHamilton@Hunter.COM>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        renat@ksk-market.com.ua
Subject:   RE: Installing using CAM -- Help!

Thanks I tried this suggestions yesterday and I note that if I use the
boot string below then I don't even get all the way through the boot
before I get the "Error 6: panic: cannot mount root (2)".

So I did a fresh re-install again re-wrote the disklabel per your
suggestion, and now if I don't use a -r on the boot I can boot and get
up to the rc.i386 before it kernel panics:

Initial rc.i386 initialization:.
rc.i386 configurating syscons: blank_time screensaver

fault virtual address	= 0x2
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xf012a534
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xf8638d2c
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xf8638d50
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 163 (modload)
interrupt mask		=
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault

If I use the -r in any form then it panics with the "Error 6: panic:
cannot mount root (2)" error again.

Any idea what might be modloading right after the screensaver?  I don't
have the screensaver turned on so that shouldn't be it.  Did I miss
something here somewhere?