Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:52:01 -0400
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Dennis Slingerland <d.slingerland@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP 9000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 05:02:25PM +0200, Dennis Slingerland wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I would like to install FreeBSD 6.1 on a HP 9000 Machine. The CPU is a
> PA-RISC.
> I can't find any release what's compatible with it. The question is, is it
> possible to download a FreeBSD version that runs on a HP 9000 machine ?

I don't know of one.   But, I am not really familiar with the HP-9000
so someone could well be doing something with it I do not know.   It
appears that they offer Linux on it as well as HPUX, so it would probably
be possible to create a FreeBSD that would run on it.    It kind of looks
like the 9000 series might be a follow-on product to the Convex Systems
that HP bought a few years ago to be their High Performance offerings
and those systems ran a version of UNIX that was more BSD based.

You might have some exciting times doing the port for it...

////jerry