Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 07:23:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ada <acheng@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic getnewbuf.  inconsistent LRU queue  qindex=0, what to do??

Good morning,
	A friend of mine was trying to install 3.1 on a brand new system.
He posted the following on freebsd.misc newsgroup, I thought we might get
a quicker reply from here.  Hope it is ok:

tried to install 3.1 on a brand new system and got, repeatedly, while
copying / to the disk (about two minutes into install)

                panic getnewbuf.  inconsistent LRU queue  qindex=0

Hardware problem?  What should I replace?

It's a pentium III (450Mhz) on a Spacewalker motherboard, IDE Fijitsu
drive and a cd-rom as first slave, 3com 3c90? network card.

Many thanks in advance.
Ada