Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:57:14 -0400
From:      Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
To:        "'Doug White'" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   RE: User PPP

	I am sorry to bother you again, but could you be more specific.
I am not sure what 'CHAP doesn't present itself like PAP' and 'start PPP
manually on the RAS server' mean.
	I had user PPP working under 2.2.2 and 2.2.5 using either CHAP
or PAP, I can't remember which as I tweaked the previous configuration
several times.  Previously the 'enable CHAP/PAP', authname and authkey
were sufficient.  I did not have to present a login, password, and then
protocol as I saw somewhere in the documentation (FAQ or handbook).

	Thanks again.
Rick Siple
RickSiple@MPAInc.com