Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: advocacy/13790: Kudos for Recent Press

The following reply was made to PR advocacy/13790; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To: Bob Van Valzah <Bob@whitebarn.com>
Cc: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>,
	FreeBSD Gnats <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:49:03 -0500 (CDT)

 On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Bob Van Valzah wrote:

 # But this sequence of events leaves me with some nagging questions
 #
 #   1. Does advocacy even belong on send-pr.html? What would be a reasonable
 #      problem to report in the advocacy category? Would you actually track
 #      it and close it?

 I added the advocacy category to cover problems encountered with the
 WWW pages on advocacy.freebsd.org.  Don't know that it has proven to
 have been worhwhile since this site no longer exists.

 #   2. Why doesn't Advocacy@FreeBSD.Org show up in the top 10 search hits?

 Probably because it is a relatively new list and doesn't see the
 amount of traffic that the other lists do.

 #   3. What ever happened to the host Advocacy.FreeBSD.Org? (One of the
 #      search page hits lead there.)

 It has gone away and been replaced with http://freebsd.tesserae.com/
 among other sites, I believe.

 #   4. I can't be the only guy to've ever introduced a "noise" message into
 #      the PR system. Is there a systemic problem that makes it difficult to
 #      close a "noise" message and get on with it?

 Nope.  It took me about 30 seconds to close the PR and type in my
 reasoning behind it.  I have an account on the GNATS box so I closed
 it instead of Jeroen.  To the best of my knowledge he doesn't have
 an account yet, though he does the Project a tremendous service
 by drudging through the PR database looking for things to help out
 with.

 # Thanks for your consideration.

 Thank you.

 -steve