Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:39:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Timothy R. Platt" <tplatt@nethampton.com>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: post breakin log

Huh? From the bnc distribution README (bnc is in the FreeBSD ports
collection, btw):

1.INTRODUCTION
        BNC is a simple program designed to Proxy irc sessions.
  It is user configurable using the file bnc.conf and includes
  multi-user, passwords, and other basic necessities.
         NOW INCLUDES VIRTUAL HOSTS!!! ;P

2.COMPILATION
        I would tell you how to un-tar/gz this file, but your
  reading this so why would you need help :-)
        To compile bnc simply type:
  make

3.CONFIGURATION
        The configuration file give BNC the nessesary info to
  process such as the port to bind to and what port to request
  when a conn is requested, also passwords and maxusers.

  type:
  bnc

5.CLIENT SIDE
        When using various clients you connect to the server in
  which the daemon is ran.  In ircii and other clients you will
  have to give your password by typing /quote pass <password> to
  continue, in Mirc you can simply /server bnc.server.net port pass
  to connect.  Once your pass is ok'ed you can tell it to connect
  to an irc server by typing /quote conn [irc.server.net] <port> <pass>.

  added /quote VIP [Virtual.host]   for on the fly ip switching.  It must
  be done before you /quote conn.

6.GNU
        Yeah you know how this works so just realize this is gnu.

This is the only bnc I've seen..

Tim