Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:47:34 -0400
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dummynet

I believe you could just use a dummynet pipe to limit the bandwidth on the range of IP's for your clients such as:

# Bandwidth limiting for hosts
add 400 pipe 1 ip from 192.168.0.0/16 to any
add 401 pipe 2 ip from any to 192.168.0.0/16
# 5 kilobytes upload --  100 kilobytes download
pipe 1 config bw 40Kbits/s
pipe 2 config bw 800Kbits/s

By doing this they all would share the connection, and when only one user is one he/she gets the full potential.  If more than one user is using the connection then they share the maximum bandwidth.  This is the best solution that I can come up with...

Good luck,

--Donnie
  http://www.darthik.com