Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:23:08 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        B J <va6bmj@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sound Volume In Xfce

On 14/06/2017 11:53, B J wrote:
> I recently installed FreeBSD 11 and Xfce on an old HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop.
>
> I've noticed that the sound from the built-in speakers isn't very loud
> compared with what I might get if I was running a Linux distro on it.
> Is there some way of adjusting that as I can't find any control panel
> for changing the volume.
>
> Any suggestions or ideas?  Thank you.

I use audio/mixmos for gui volume adjustment.

You could also try audio/xfce4-mixer and deskutils/xfce4-volumed

It will also depend on what program you use, I find that vlc is very
soft compared to any other app. The vlc advanced audio settings has a
gain option that can boost it's volume.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler