Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:35:52 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Andrew Whitcroft <n9kws@execpc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Installation Help...

The question you asked belongs on the questions mailing list, not the
current and stable list.  I will cc' it there for you.  You also need to
provide a little more info like

1) What are you installing ? FreeBSD 3.1, 3.2, FreeBSD current ?
2) HOW are you installing it ? From CD-ROM, boot floppy/network install ?
3) Did you check the list of supported devices ? From the HARDWARE.TXT file

Adaptec AIC7850, AIC7860, AIC7880, AIC789x, on-board SCSI controllers.

are indeed supported. Also, for networks cards,
AMD PCnet/PCI (79c970 & 53c974 or 79c974)
are listed as supported.  Is that what you have ?

	---Mike