Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:09:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jeremy Norris <ishmael27x@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/32663: kdelibs2 port potentially conflicts with libtool port

>Number:         32663
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       kdelibs2 port potentially conflicts with libtool port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD babylon.merseine.nu 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sun Dec 2 19:23:18 CST 2001 ishmael@babylon.merseine.nu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BABYLON i386

I happened to be installing kdelibs2 port today (version 2.2.2) and noticed
that it installs ${PREFIX}/include/ltdl.h. ${PREFIX} defaults to ${X11BASE} for
this port; however if one sets ${X11BASE} = ${LOCALBASE}, as I do, this causes
a conflict. Furthermore, this could cause a conflict even in standard situations,
if software that used libltdl searched ${X11BASE}/include before
${LOCALBASE}/include, as these two versions of ltdl.h differ and could cause
incompatibilities.

>How-To-Repeat:
Set LOCALBASE and X11BASE to the same value in /etc/make.conf and build/install
ports/devel/libtool and ports/x11/kdelibs2.

>Fix:
I don't have a fix (kde's build system is quite complex).
However, kdelibs2 should either be taught not to install ltdl.h or
install it somewhere besides ${PREFIX}/include.