Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:18:14 -0600
From:      "Nicpon, John" <John.Nicpon@SouthTrust.com>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, "Jonathan Lemon" <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: SIS 900 Onboard NIC /w SIS 735 Chipset Motherboard.

Here is the documentation that came with the flash util:

1.  This zip file contain 2 files : EE.EXE and EE.DAT

2.  Please check your LAN-ID No. ( You can find the LAN-ID No. in a
white stick label on the board like: EA=3DXXXXXXXXXXXX)

3.  For example your LAN-ID No. is : EA=3D1A2A3A4A5A6A

4.  Edit EE.DAT file. (EE.DAT is a text file. You can use WordPad or
other software to edit it.)

5.  When you open the EE.DAT file, you can see the following text :

       0900    ; Signature
       000f     ; Autoload option
       1039    ; Vendor ID
       0900    ; Device ID
       1039    ; Sub-vendor ID
       0900    ; Sub-device ID
       fe02     ; PMC (1.0a)
       ffff
       2A1A    ; Mac addr [2][1]
       4A3A    ; Mac addr [4][3]
       6A5A    ; Mac addr [6][5]
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       ffff
       1A 2A 3A FF FF FF    ; Mac addr limit=20
       1A 2A 3A 00 00 00     ; Mac addr start=20

6.  Please chage the 1A2A3A4A5A6A to your own LAN-ID No.

7.  Save the file.

8.  Enter to the pure DOS mode. Run command : EE EE.DAT

9.  Shutdown the power. ( You have to pull out the power cord or turn
off the power supply)

10. Restart your computer  =20