Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2005 00:13:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Keith Beattie <KSBeattie@lbl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quicken replacement?

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Keith Beattie wrote:

> I'm looking to move from Quicken on Windows to <something> on FreeBSD
> for simple personal money management.  I know there are several
> options (GNUCash, Gnumeric, MoneyDance, etc.) but was wondering if
> anyone here might be interested in offering their experience with any
> of these programs.

>From my experience with Gnumeric, it seems to pretty much an Excel
replacement - a worthwhile thing if that's what you need, but not
addressing the same problem as Quicken. It also has a whole lot of
dependencies on gnome stuff, which can make the build kind of pokey (and
bloated) if you're not already running gnome.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]