Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 19:26:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Delay

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

>On Fri,  1 May 1998 at 11:17:41 -0700, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Sergei Shayevich wrote:

>> Lets look!
>>
>> Server:  dns1.cac.washington.edu
>> Address:  128.95.120.1
>>
>> Non-authoritative answer:
>> Name:    hub.freebsd.org
>> Address:  204.216.27.18
>> Aliases:  www.freebsd.org
>>
>> The ip for these "machines" is the same. Yes, this is busy!
>
>Which other machine?  I only see hub.

www and hub. The point which you were supposed to intuit was that this one
teeny weeny machine was handling all this huge load from this ultra busy
web and mail server. :)

I wasn't being specific. Without any real data, I just assumed the
machines were busy.

Since Mr. Lehey is in the know; How much of a percentage of available
bandwidth does hub/www consume. Just curious.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/