Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 12:34:37 -0400
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   When to use IPV6? Also when to use CAM?

Hi all,

I just upgraded from 3.4 to 4.0 and started flipping through the LINT file
to check out all the new toys and features, as well as all the features I
hadn't implemented to date.

I was wondering... when would a person want to (need to?) implement the
IPV6 support?  When would you not want to?  And I'm working on the
assumption that having both IPV4 and IPV6 enabled in a kernel is acceptable?

Also, I don't fully understand the reason and function of CAM support.  I
didn't spot much in my (brief) searches of the archives and web page, so
can anyone point me someplace to read up on what it is and what it does?  I
notice that the question has been posted to the list previously, but the
links supplied in the answers are no longer valid.  I'm also not sure if
CAM something that would improve my system if I configure it or not (I'm
running an all-scsi system on an AHA2940UW with both wide and narrow devices).

Thanks!!!
--John