Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:01:34 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
Cc:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@anasazi.com>, gmarco@giovannelli.it, chokepnt@prima.ruhr.de, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world on the K6

>On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Chad R. Larson wrote:
>
>> Does this sound like perhaps the Makefiles need some work?  If a "make
>> install" or a "make depend" is necessary to do a make world, why don't
>> they get run as part of the "make world."
>
>Actually, they ARE done during a make world.  But a make world tries to
>compile a couple of tools BEFORE installing the includes.  In many cases,
>this is what has caused make world to fail.  At least for me.

   My "make world" problem often showed up in the early stages of it (after
about an hour or so), but with a Peltier effect cooler will last about 1:45:00
before failing - this is well into the "all" part of the build. I have no
reason to believe that this problem has anything to do with the FreeBSD build
environment.

-DG

David Greenman