Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 13:21:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org, Jason Brazile <jason@sunra.csci.unt.edu>
Subject:   Re: Question: Sharing mail spool

The best answer I came up with for a similar situation was to use pine
as the mail reader, and set the default inbox for all users the
{mailserver}inbox, and set up imapd on that system.  The users have to
use the imapd login procedure again (in pine) to get to the inbox, but
it appears to work fine.  I'm not sure how the sent.mail stuff would
work -- that might have to be imap'd as well.  Another possible answer
is use of pop and an X mail reader of some kind that support it (I'm not
sure which mail readers, X or otherwise, support imap and pop.)

If you wanted an Xable answer, maybe you could implement an rsh alias
that essentially loaded up an xterm with the mail reader, actually
executing on your mail server.  There doesn't appear to be a simple file
sharing answer that comes to mind though, unless the locking stuff in
nfs starts working.

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-questions: 19-Oct-95 Question:
Sharing mail spool Jason Brazile@sunra.csci (1162)

----
    Robert Watson (rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu) * Double major: IDS/CS * H&SS
          http://www.watson.org/	robert@fledge.watson.org