Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:47:02 +0800
From:      Victor Sudakov <sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccd and offset

Colleagues,

I am especially interested in the opinion of those using ccd(4) on
production boxes.

Let's take a simple example setup:
ccdconfig ccd0 128 CCDF_MIRROR /dev/da1e /dev/da2e

The ccdconfig man page says that the ccd partition should be offset
not to overlap the disklabel area. It is not clear however what should
be offset: a) the component partitions (da1e, da2e in our example)
from the beginning of their respective drives or b) the data partition
I will create within ccd0c ?

May be you will show your disklabel output? Thanks in advance for any
input.

And another question. Suppose one of the mirrored disks fails, I
remove it, configure one disk ccd, work from it for a certain time,
then bring another fresh HDD from the store. How am I supposed to
return to mirrored configuration?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/149@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/