Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2018 00:21:01 +0100
From:      Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs boot size

The recommended size for a boot partition has been 512K for a while.

We always put swap directly after it so if a resize is needed its easy
without and resilvering .

If your pool is made up of partitions which are only 34 block smaller
than your zfs partition you're likely going to need to dump and restore
the entire pool as it won't accept vdevs smaller than the original.

     Regards
     Steve