Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 23:43:03 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rephrasing my question [Samba, FreeBSD and an MS-DOS-"daemon"]

--------------2FDDAABD7F1583D2D6264544

Hi all once more!

As I have got no answers to my question - I'm in a hurry as
I introduced a FreeBSD-computer at my workplace and hence
need it to work ok, as they then maybe will be using more
of them later - I'll rephrase my question wishing for better
luck this time :-)

Is an MS-DOS-program able make a DOS-system call, to ask the
size of a file, which resides on a Samba server? The Samba
server is mounted on a FreeBSD file system.

If it can't, what will the effects be? A disconnection of
the network drive the MS-DOS-computer has set up with use?
At least that's what's happening, and I would like to know
if any DOS-system call might be responsible for this. I
personally think this could be the case, but I'm not sure.

Hoping for an answer!

Best regards,
Paul
--------------2FDDAABD7F1583D2D6264544