Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 23:14:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      fantomas@fantomas.sk (fantomas)
To:        freesd-request@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   named pipes/unix domain sockets

Hello,

I'd like to know following:

1. is communicationv ia unix domain socket faster then vie localhost or IP of
local machine ?
2. if it is, how can I create unix domaion sockes in my filesystem ?

the problem is, i have IRC server on FreeBSD-2.2.6 and I wanna have some
services connected to it; i wanna the communication to be as fast as it can
be; also spare some unnecessarty CPU time;
would it be better for local clients andf services to connect to unix domain
socket, localhost, or normal IP of my machine ?
--
fantomas