Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Andrew Brown <dru_brown@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot questions

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Andrew Brown wrote:

> I have been looking around now and i have not been able to find a clear
> answer to the following problem. I need to reinstall windows but i know that
> when i do it will erase my MBR where the BSD ( version 4.0 by the way) boot
> loader is. So how do i
> a.) make a bsd boot disk so that i can boot back into BSD when i reinstall
> windows?

The kern.flp, mfsroot.flp and fixit.flp images should get you back up. A
custom floppy could be made if you really wanted.

> b.) after using the boot disk to get back into bsd, how do i reinstall the
> BSD boot loader?

It has been while since I have done this so I won't try to tell you. You
must do it exactly right. It is in the FAQ. Search for Windows and boot
and record.

Later,
Jason C. Wells