Date:      24 Aug 2000 10:51:24 -0500
From:      Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>
To:        Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cyrus imapd problems resolved..

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:45:39 -0400, Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net> said:

    > After installation of the port, the user needs to run
    > /usr/local/sbin/saslpasswd to create an entry in the sasl
    > password database. The user they create (just to get things
    > going here) should also have their name listed as an "admin" in
    > imapd.conf.

I believe the docs suggest somewhere that the admin user should not be
any normal user who receives mail. I use "cyrus."

    > I only mention this because the Cyrus documentation REALLY SUCKS
    > and it was only after hours of scouring usenet that I came
    > across this tidbit posted in an OpenBSD newsgroup where someone
    > else was having similar problems.

Every time I've upgraded I've gone through hell. Thanks for working on
this.

Oh, another thing (in case anyone is listening) ... a make deinstall
deletes the database index of the existing IMAP store. This is not a
good thing, IMHO.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mdharnois@home.com                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org