Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:55:37 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        chadalbert@mchsi.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot manager

-----Original Message-----
From: "Chad Albert" <chadalbert@mchsi.com>
To: "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:11:34 -0500
Subject: Boot manager

I have installed FreeBSD on a dual boot PC with Windows 2000 pro installed
on another partition.  Everything is great except my knowledge of the boot
menu.  My two options upon boot are

F1: ??
F2: FreeBSD

Where ?? is Win2k.  Can someone please tell me how to assign a label to my
Win2k install?  or just tell me what man pages to look at?

TIA
Chad Albert

Chad -

You can't relabel the options BootEasy provides - that's in the FAQ on the =
FreeBSD web site.

If you want a boot menu that allows you to label the options, you can confi=
gure Win2K's bootloader to do this (also in the FAQ), or install grub fro=
m the ports (/usr/ports/sysutils/grub).  I happen to like grub a lot.  If=
 you do install it, since it's a bootloader and screwups may result in a =
non-bootable machine, read the documentation carefully.

Jud