Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:33:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
To:        richw@webcom.com (Rich Wales)
Cc:        rizzo@aciri.org, julian@elischer.org, patrick@netzuno.com, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, julian@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Almost fixed (was Re: BRIDGE breaks ARP? (Julian's patch))

> Good news and bad news.
>
> First the good news:
>
>     The bridge is answering ARP requests for its own hardware address
>     on the internal (rl0) interface now.

expected :)

> Now the bad news:
>
>     ARP replies from the bridge to the DSL modem (via the external
>     i/f) are still getting sent to the desktop (via the internal i/f),

this is a bit less expected -- because the reply is unicast to the
MAC of the host requesting the packet, and ether_output() is called
with the correct interface pointer.  What do you have in
net.link.ether.bridge_cfg , and do you also see the ARP reply on
the 'external' side (i suppose so) ?

	cheers
	luigi