Date:      Sat, 26 May 2007 11:39:55 +0930
From:      Jarrod Sayers <jarrod@netleader.com.au>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nagios in current

On 26/05/2007, at 7:34 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
> sometime in the last week, nagios check_(dns|ssh|http) broke in
> current.
>  timeouts.

Can you send me some example output from the broken commands?  No
real changes have been made to either the Nagios or Nagios Plugins
ports apart from a few tweaks made by the ports team for the x.org
7.2 update, hmm...

For testing purposes, try this command also:
wallace> /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_dns -H www.netleader.com.au

If it fails, then try this one and email me back the resulting
ktrace.out file:
wallace> ktrace -dit+ /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_dns -H
www.netleader.com.au

With some traces of the failing commands, I should be able to follow
the flow and see where things are going bad.  I don't have a -current
machine on hand but should be able to quickly build one up.

Jarrod.