Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 99 08:17:59 -0500
From:      FreeBSD Questions <freebsd@netsys.hn>
To:        Robert Flux <robertf@kormilda.nt.edu.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SU access & password changes

-- [ From: FreeBSD Questions * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> I have urgent need of answeres to the following 3 questions.
> 1) How do I change an existing users password?

As superuser type
%passwd username
where username is replaced by any username you are trying to change the
password

> 2) How do I delete old accounts no longer required?

As superuser type
%rmuser username
where username is replaced by any username you are trying to remove

> 3) My account name does not have SU access, I am presently using the old
> administrators login. How do I promote myself to super user.

Sorry, maybe another folk here will help you with this one, I'm just sure
that you need to change your user to group wheel but don't know the
scientific way to do it, just the hard way.

> Many thanks in advance.

No problem

> Robert Flux
> Systems Manager